Daily Hadith:Virtues of the Qur'an - 9th Jumada al-Awwal 1432 (13th April 2011)

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Virtues of the Qur'an - 9th Jumada al-Awwal 1432 (13th April 2011)

Narrated Umar bin Khattab (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

I heard Hisham bin Hakim bin Hizam reciting Surat-al-Furqan during the
lifetime of Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam), and I listened
to his recitation and noticed that he recited it in several ways which
Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) had not taught me. So I was
on the point of attacking him in the prayer, but I waited till he finished
his prayer, and then I seized him by the collar and said, "Who taught you
this Surah which I have heard you reciting?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle
taught it to me." I said, "You are telling a lie; By Allah! Allah's Apostle
taught me (in a different way) this very Surah which I have heard you
reciting." So I took him, leading him to Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu
'Alaihi Wa Sallam) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I heard this person
reciting Surat-al-Furqan in a way that you did not teach me, and you have
taught me Surat-al-Furqan." The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam)
said, "O Hisham, recite!" So he recited in the same way as I heard him
recite it before. On that Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam)
said, "It was revealed to be recited in this way." Then Allah's Apostle
(Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Recite, O 'Umar!" So I recited it as
he had taught me. Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) then said,
"It was revealed to be recited in this way." Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu
'Alaihi Wa Sallam) added, "The Quran has been revealed to be recited in
several different ways, so recite of it that which is easier for you."

Bukhari Vol. 6 : No. 561

--
Ma'asalaam

Tell your friends about dailyhadith.co.uk - currently 15,500+ subscribers
worldwide.

Visit the community forum at http://www.dailyhadith.co.uk/forum to discuss
Hadith and Islamic topics.

Visit http://audio.dailyhadith.co.uk for MP3 lectures to listen and/or
download. You will need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

If you do not want to receive Hadith any more,
http://www.dailyhadith.co.uk/?p=unsubscribe&uid=d92616255aaef37cfb9bf66cffccd318

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails