Hiring

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):
The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Your example and the
example of the people of the two Scriptures (i.e. Jews and Christians) is
like the example of a man who employed some laborers and asked them, 'Who
will work for me from morning till midday for one Qirat?' The Jews accepted
and carried out the work. He then asked, Who will work for me from midday
up to the 'Asr prayer for one Qirat?' The Christians accepted and fulfilled
the work. He then said, 'Who will work for me from the 'Asr till sunset for
two Qirats?' You, Muslims have accepted the offer. The Jews and the
Christians got angry and said, 'Why should we work more and get lesser
wages?' (Allah) said, 'Have I with-held part of your right?' They replied
in the negative. He said, 'It is My Blessing, I bestow upon whomever I
wish.'
Volume 3, Book 36, Number 468

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails